Racing Licences

The Finnish Ski Association issues licences for all its disciplines (alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and Nordic combined), each of which has a different licence. Additionally, all disciplines have a common licence called Ski Pass (Skipassi), which may be a good alternative in some cases.

All athletes over 12 years of age are required to have a racing licence when participating in competitions on national or international level.

Ski Pass is an affordable licence and insurance for every skier and ski jumper competing in club and/or district races. 12-year-olds and younger are required to have the Ski Pass instead of a racing licence when participating in competitions. 12-year-olds and younger may use Ski Pass also in national competitions.

A FIS Licence / FIS Code is required in order to participate in the competitions marked in the FIS Calendar, and in order to be eligible for FIS points. Please note that  all athletes participating in these competitions are required to have a national racing licence and insurance in addition to the FIS Code, even if the athlete participated in FIS competitions only. 

See the links on the left side of the page for further information.